The City of San Marcos is reminding voters not to forget the “down-ticket” candidates when they vote in the Nov. 6 election.
Local elections, including Mayor and City Council races, are non-partisan and candidates will not be automatically selected when voters choose the “straight ticket” option on their voting machines.
“It’s very important to read the entire ballot and vote in our local elections, along with the federal and state elections,” said City Clerk Jamie Lee Case. “Local elections are the foundation of our democracy and are vital to our community.”
Residents have until Oct. 9 to register to vote.
Important Dates for November 6, 2018 Election
- Oct. 9, 2018 - Last day to register to vote
- Oct. 22, 2018 - First day of early voting by personal appearance
- Oct. 26, 2018 - Last day to apply for ballot by mail (received, not postmarked)
- Nov. 2, 2018 - Last day of early voting by personal appearance
- Nov. 6, 2018 - Election Day
For more information, including links to polling places and candidate information, visit www.sanmarcostx.gov/elections or call the City Clerk’s office at 512.393.8090.