This award was established to recognize and honor a senior citizen whose volunteer efforts have made San Marcos a better place in which to live. The award is given out every two years with the next recipient being honored later this year.
The nominee/recipient MUST…
• Reside in San Marcos or the San Marcos Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ);
• Be 60 years of age by August 1, 2023;
• Be involved in unpaid, volunteer activities within the San Marcos community;
• Not serve on the San Marcos Senior Citizen Advisory Board; and
• Agree to the publication of his/her name and photo.
A nomination form is available at the San Marcos Activity Center, you can downloead it online by fowling this link, or by emailing Nick Riali. Previous nominees that did not win the award, may be renominated. The nomination packet will consist of a completed nomination form and a maximum of two (2) pages of supporting documentation. The packet MUST be received or postmarked by Friday, May 19, 2023. You may mail it to Nick Riali, San Marcos Parks and Recreation, 401 E. Hopkins, San Marcos, TX 78666; drop it off at the San Marcos Activity Center or by emailing Nick Riali. For more information call 512-393-8275.