The City of San Marcos is launching UniverCity, a new initiative that will give residents a behind the scenes look at City Hall. The free eight-week program will include informational sessions that will highlight several city departments and the services they provide to residents and visitors.
The City will select 20 community members to participate in the inaugural UniverCity program, which is open to San Marcos residents who are at least 18 years old. Applications will be accepted through March 16 and are available at sanmarcostx.gov/univercity. Community members selected to participate in UniverCity will be notified by March 20.
San Marcos UniverCity classes will be held on Thursdays, with dinner served at 5:30 p.m. and presentations to follow from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The course schedule includes:
· March 30 – San Marcos Public Library: City Overview, Mayor and City Council, City Manager’s Office, City Clerk’s Office, Communications, History of San Marcos
· April 6 – San Marcos Airport: Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Airport
· April 13 – San Marcos Activity Center: Parks and Recreation, Main Street, CVB with Arts
· April 20 – Fire Station 5: Fire Department, Police Department, Emergency Management, City Marshal’s Office
· April 27 – San Marcos Public Library: Library, Neighborhood Enhancement
· May 4 – Public Services Center: Public Works, SMTX Utilities
· May 11 – San Marcos Public Library: Planning and Development Services, Engineering/CIP
· May 18: Graduation, optional tours
Topics and locations are subject to change. For more information about San Marcos UniverCity, contact Tiffany Harris at email@example.com. For media inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.