The San Marcos Arts Commission is accepting applications for 2021 Arts and Cultural Grants now through Nov. 9.
Art projects must meet the following criteria to be eligible for funding:
- Promotes the arts, which may include: instrumental and vocal music, dance, drama, folk art, creative writing, architecture, design and allied fields, painting, sculpture, photography, graphic and craft arts, motion pictures, radio, television, tape and sound recording, and other arts related to the presentation, execution, and exhibition of these major art forms.
- Promotes local tourism and the convention industry.
- Projects must be held live, in-person and be open to the general public.
Cultural Diversity projects are those that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Preserves, produces, or presents art forms and cultural activities specific to any ethnic culture.
- Expresses the experiences of historically underserved ethnic and other communities (which include, but are not limited to, African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, and the Gay/Lesbian Community).
- Celebrates San Marcos’ ethnic diversity and variety of cultural traditions.
- Connects diverse communities through educational or interactive activities.
Information and links to the online application are posted on the City’s website at www.sanmarcostx.gov/artsgrants.
The City will host a virtual applicant workshop Oct. 22 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. via Zoom to explain the application process and address possible effects of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic on funded projects and events. A link to the workshop will posted at www.sanmarcostx.gov/artsgrants on the day of the event.
For more information about the grant application process or the virtual workshop, contact Arts Coordinator Trey Hatt at firstname.lastname@example.org.