Our adjusted policies during the COVID-19 Pandemic are listed at the bottom of this page. For the safety of all of our patrons and staff, please take time to educate yourself on our rules and procedures before visiting our facility.
The San Marcos Activity Center is the "Center of It All!" We have everything from state-of-the-art basketball courts to aerobic rooms, an indoor swimming pool, racquetball courts, and meeting rooms. We also have a 2,000 square foot weight training room with 26 resistance machines and equipment, an 1,800 square foot aerobics studio, a childcare room, and small activity classroom.
Click here for facility rental information.
Activity Center Membership Update
Upon reopening of the Activity Center on September 16th, memberships will be reactivated.
Total Wellness Membership Update
Total Wellness members can take advantage of their Virtual Studio on Facebook.They are evaluating when they will be doing in-person classes.
A big part of moving forward means doing things digitally/online such as registering for classes, purchasing Activity Center memberships, and viewing the Activity Guide and Out & About (Senior Newsletter). We need accurate contact information to be able to communicate with you.
- If you have registered for a class/program or rented a facility AND you provided us with an email, you already have an account. You need to log in and reset your password here.
- If you have an account setup for online registration and know your password, please log in and make sure your contact information (cell phone and email) is correct.
- If you do not have an account, please log in and create one here.
If you have any questions regarding your membership, please contact us at 512-393-8400 or by email at email@example.com.
|Area||Resident||Non-Resident||Youth (17 and under)
|Pool||$3.00 + entry fee||$3.00 + entry fee||$3.00 + entry fee|
|Racquetball Court||$6.00 + entry fee||$7.00 + entry fee||$6.00-$7.00 + entry fee|
|Weight Room||$3.00 + entry fee||$3.00 + entry fee||$3.00 + entry fee|
|Senior Citizen (50 or older)
|Senior Citizen Spouse (50 or older)||$38.00||$94.00|
|Youth (17 and Under)||$31.00||$47.00|
- November 11- Veteran's Day
- November 26,27- Thanksgiving Holiday
- December 24,25- Christmas Holiday
please click here.
(These are the policies that were in place before the pandemic. See below for updates to current policies to adjust to COVID-19 mandates and procedures.)
Addendum to the Activity Center Policies and Procedures
During the Covid-19 Pandemic
The Activity Center will operate at 25% capacity. This is determined by each area of the facility, not the entire facility’s capacity.
Meeting Room 1 (Cardio room)
Meeting Room 2
Meeting Room 3
Fitness Room 1
Fitness Room 2
Fitness Room 3 (weight room)
Exercise Corridor (treadmills)
Hours of Operation
The Activity Center will operate on a modified schedule:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday | 6am-7pm (closed from 1pm-2pm each day)
Thursday | Closed
Saturday | 10am-5pm (closed from 1pm-2pm)
Sunday | Closed
For the safety of our patrons, the Activity Center is closed every Thursday and also each day from 1pm-2pm for sanitizing, disinfecting and thorough cleaning.
- Anyone visiting the Activity Center MUST make reservations through our Waitwhile reservation system before they come.
- Reservations are at a one hour limit for each area. Patrons do not have to use their full hour but they must not go over that hour.
- Reservations must be made 1 hour in advance and cannot be made more than one week out.
- Patrons may only reserve each area one time per day, but they may reserve multiple areas to visit while they are at the Activity Center.
Example: 7am-8am: Cardio Room 1
8 am-9am: Gymnasium for open play basketball
9 am -10 am: Cool down area
- We cannot accept walk-up reservations at this time.
- If you are unable to make your reservation online, you can call the Activity Center at 512.393.8280 and one of our front desk attendants will assist you in making a reservation.
Self- Check, Masks and Social Distancing
- Before patrons visit the Activity Center, we ask that they self-screen for any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19
- All individuals must wear a face covering (over the nose and mouth) wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another individual not in the same household or, for those exercising outdoors, wherever the individual is not able to maintain a safe physical distance from others not in the same household.
- Patrons must wash or disinfect hands upon entering a gym or exercise facility or class and after any interaction with employees, other customers, or items in the gym or exercise facility.
- Signs will be placed on the floor throughout the Activity Center recommending that patrons maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from one another. There will be place markers throughout the lobby area to designate six feet of distance between patrons as they wait to check in, wash their hands, scan membership cards, etc.
- When patrons arrive at the Activity Center and have washed their hands, they then pass by the front desk and scan their membership card (if they are a member), or pay their fee if they are a guest.
- We will ask patrons to limit cash transactions.
- Members will hold on to their cards or have their barcode on their phone and they will be able to scan that at the front desk.
- The front desk will verify that a reservation has been made. If there is no reservation, patron will be asked to leave. Again, we are unable to take walk-up reservations at this time.
Equipment Check out
- No rental or checkout of equipment such as racquetballs, racquets, basketballs or treadmill keys.
- To the extent a patron brings their own equipment to the gym or exercise facility, the patron should disinfect the equipment before and after use and not share equipment with others.
Weight and Cardio Equipment
- Disinfect any equipment before and after use.
- Treadmill keys will stay on treadmills to reduce front desk exchanges.
- It is recommended that patrons wear gloves while exercising.
- For the walking corridor, we have mandated one direction of walking and will have signs placed throughout in order to designate six feet of distance between patrons.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own device for keeping track of their laps.
- There will be no full-court play at this time.
- The gym is separated into 4 areas for half-court games, with a maximum of six people per court.
- Volleyball nets will serve as dividers.
- The gym is reserved for Pickleball use on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30 am-11:50. Reservations to play must be made at this website:
- Reservations must be made at least two days in advance and cannot be made more than one week out.
Showers and Locker Rooms
- In the men’s showers, there will be a maximum of two individuals: one on each end of the shower stall.
- Daily use lockers will be blocked off and not available for use to maintain social distancing.
- Capacity is six individuals with one swimmer per lane.
- Kickboards, noodles and weights will not be available. Patrons are allowed to bring their own to use.
- Do not move chairs.
- Swimming is in high demand. If you have registered for a spot and cannot be there, please be diligent about canceling your reservation.
Total Wellness Classes
Classes will resume in person on October 5th.
- The schedule and information for a Total Wellness membership can be found here:
Due to limited class size, reservations must be made through Waitwhile at this website:
Leaving the Activity Center
- Please keep in mind that the walking corridor around the building will be one way only, even upon leaving.
- The front doors will serve as our main entry and exit point so please be mindful of others while entering and exiting and maintain your safe six feet of social distance.
- The doors on the side of the building towards the parking lot will be for emergency exit only.