Contractors should confirm that the construction contract documents for each project allow for use of products on the Standard Products Lists (SPL) because Special Provisions, Special Specifications, or Construction Notes in the project contract documents may specify other products.
An SPL, by itself, does not constitute a submittal by the contractor. The contractor must submit manufacturer technical data sheets of sufficient detail to adequately describe the product or materials. An SPL should accompany the submittal for those products that are listed on an SPL.
Use by Contractor Submittal Reviewers
SPLs expedite review of product submittals made by contractors. Contractor submittals reviewers must confirm the following to ensure that products comply with SPLs:
- The manufacturer of that product is listed on the SPL.
- The model number, serial number or manufacturer designation is listed on the SPL.
- The product is in the category covered by the SPL.
- The product is of the type specified for use on the project.
- The product is within the size range listed on the SPL.
- The product meets all requirements given in "notes" on the SPL.
- The product meets all requirements in the "description" on the SPL.
- The product meets all requirements in the applicable specifications, special provisions, details and construction notes in the project contract documents.
- The product meets the functional needs of the project.