- Resource Recovery (Garbage / Recycling)
Resource Recovery is a division of the Neighborhood Enhancement Department. Its mission is to manage waste disposal services in San Marcos by providing an integrated solid waste system responsive to the City’s vision and growth by adding programs to help increase landfill diversion. It includes the Keep San Marcos Beautiful Program to educate and engage San Marcos citizens to take responsibility for improving our community environment through litter prevention, beautification, waste reduction, and sustainability.
Texas Disposal Systems (TDS) provides residential waste services to San Marcos residential customers, including:
- Weekly Garbage Collection (find your service route here)
- Bi-Weekly Single Stream Recycling and Green Waste service
- Bulk pickup of yard waste, furniture, and appliances
- Sign up for service notifications on the TDS Waste Wizard
Visit Residential Curbside Services for more information.
Garbage service for multifamily properties is managed by permitted private contractors provided by the property manager. The City contracts with Texas Disposal Systems (TDS) for on-site recycling service. Multifamily residents may also use the Green Guy Recycling Drop-Off Center. Visit Multifamily Recycling Service for more information.
Report garbage issues at a multifamily property
Commercial businesses must make arrangements for garbage and recycle collection with permitted private contractors. Visit Commercial Waste for more information.
- Solid Waste Comprehensive Plan
- Residential Service Quick Facts Brochure (English) (Spanish)
- Apartment Services Quick Facts Sheet (English) (Spanish)
- Single Stream Recycling Info Card (English) (Spanish)
- Plastic Bag & Film Recycling Tip Card (English) (Spanish)
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility Brochure