Solid Waste / Recycling
Christmas Tree recycling:
- Curbside service: trees up to 4 feet long can be bundled with twine (no wire) and set out of residents' normal trash or green waste pickup day
- Green Waste Cart:trees may be cut up and placed in your green waste cart, or use paper yard bags and place next to your green waste cart.
- Brush Drop Off: January 12, 2019 8am-1pm at 750 River Rd
Resource Recovery is a division of the Neighborhood Enhancement Department. Its mission is to manage the solid waste services in San Marcos by providing an integrated solid waste system that is responsive to the City's vision and growth by adding programs to help increase landfill diversion. It includes the Keep San Marcos Beautiful Program to educate and engage San Marcos citizens to take responsibility for improving our community environment through litter prevention, beautification, waste reduction and sustainability.
Residential Curbside Services
Texas Disposal Systems (TDS) provides residential solid waste services to San Marcos residential customers, including:
- Weekly Trash Collection
- Bi-Weekly Single Stream Recycling and Green Waste service for single family residences
- Bulk pickup of yard waste, furniture, and appliances (3 cubic yards- 4 times a year at no extra charge!)
Trash for apartment residents are served through permitted private contractors provided by the apartment complex. The City contracts with TDS for on-site recycle service. Apartment residents may use Green Guy Recycling Drop Off Center.
Commercial businesses must make their own arrangements for trash and recycle collection with permitted private contractors. Click here for list of permitted haulers.