COSM Operating Procedures
City Facilities No Longer Require Masks
The City of San Marcos revised its personal protection requirements inside City facilities and in outdoor public settings following Governor Greg Abbott’s Executive Order GA-36 signed on May 18, 2021. As of May 19, 2021, face coverings are optional, not required, for employees and visitors regardless of vaccination status.
The changes align with new guidance issued by the CDC and Order GA-36 which prohibits local government entities from imposing mask mandates in public areas.
Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms is discouraged from entering a City facility, park, or recreational area. Various service options are available for customers interested in handling City business remotely. Group meetings may be scheduled in-person or remotely on a case-by-case basis.
- Activity Center: Currently closed due to water damage sustained in October 2021. For more information visit the Activity Center page or call 512-393-8280.
- Animal Shelter: The Animal Shelter is operating on its normal schedule. The Intake/Reclaim is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Adoption Center is open M, T, Th, F, Noon to 7 p.m.; Sat., Noon to 5 p.m. It is closed each Wednesday and Sunday for deep cleaning. For more information, visit the Animals Services website or call 512-805-2650.
- City Clerk: Appointments are available for passports or birth/death certificates Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. To book an appointment, visit the City Clerk website. For more information call 512-393-8090.
- Engineering & Capital Improvements: Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Email Engineering & CIP or call 512-393-8130 to schedule an appointment.
- Library: Friday, May 21 will be the last day for curbside service. Following construction, Library stacks will reopen Monday, May 24 with occupancy limited to 200 people at a time. Regular hours, used prior to COVID-19, will resume: Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Meeting rooms will not be available for reservation or use. All in-person programs will be held outside in the courtyard. Tickets or pre-registration will be required, and attendance will be limited. Computers, Wi-Fi, and printing services will be available. Masks are encouraged, but not required. For more information, visit the library website or call 512-393-8200.
- Main Street: Open Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Located in the Chamber of Commerce Building, 202 N CM Allen Parkway. Call 512-393-8430 or Email Main Street.
- Municipal Court: Public counter located in the Hays County Government Center, 712 S. Stagecoach Trail, open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information email Municipal Court, call 512-393-8190 or visit the Municipal Court website.
- Planning & Development Services: Open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For Development Services information, email Development Services or call 512-805-2630. For Planning information email Planning or call 512-393-8230.
- Public Works: Transportation/Stormwater, Fleet, Facilities, Transit/Parking Management, and Airport offices are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Tourist Information Center: Open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Utilities: Water/WW and Electric Utility offices are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Schedule appointments with Electric Engineering customer support by calling 512-393-8302.
- Utility Billing: Drive-thrus and counters available, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Municipal Building, 630 E Hopkins and at the SMEU Building, 1040 Hwy 123. Please visit Utility Customer Service website, call 512.393.8383 or email Utility Billing.
- WIC Offices: Offices will continue curbside service only while federal waivers remain in place. Call 512-393-8040, email WIC or visit WIC's website.