Electric Utility General Information
San Marcos Electric Utility is a municipally owned and operated retail electric distribution system purchased by the City of San Marcos in 1986. The Lower Colorado River Authority sells wholesale power to the City.
San Marcos is proud of our low electric rates and excellent reliability record. The Electric Utility serves over 23,300 customers in San Marcos, including residential, commercial, institutional and industrial customers.
Banners are permitted only for non-commercial or charitable events that are of general interest to the community as a whole. There is a $400.00 fee for each 2 week period. Banners go up and come down on Mondays. For additional information call 512-393-8300.
Distribution Specifications Book
To obtain a copy of the Distribution Specifications Book, please call 512-393-8300.
- What phone number do I call to report an outage?
- What do I do if my power goes out?
- Where are my breakers located?
- When my breaker fails, who is responsible for replacing it?
- What is the most frequent cause of power outages in San Marcos?
- When my meter loop is damaged, what am I responsible for repairing?