@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- July 18, 2020 - First Day to File for Place on the ballot (The City Clerk's Office is not required to be open on weekends for filing)
- August 17, 2020 at 5 p.m. - Last Day to File for place on the ballot for General Election
- August 20, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. - Last Day to File for place on the ballot for Special Election
- October 19, 2020 - First Day of Early Voting
- October 30, 2020 - Last Day of Early Voting @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Application to file for Place on Ballot - General Election (PDF)
- Application to file for Place on Ballot - Special Election (PDF)
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer (PDF)
- Candidate Campaign Finance Report (PDF)
- Annual Disclosure Form (PDF)
- Code of Fair Campaign (PDF)
- UPDATED SECTIONS TO CODE OF ETHICS PERTAINING TO ELECTIONS/CAMPAIGN FINANCES @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Due to COVID-19 and the closure of City facilities, candidate packets are available online - Click Here
To request a paper copy of the candidate packet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to pick one up.
If facilities are still closed to the public during the filing period, please email and staff will schedule a time to accept your paperwork.
General Election for Mayor, Council Member Place 3 & Council Member Place 4
|Candidate||Application||Appointment of Treasurer||Code of Fair
|Finance Report 30th Day Before Election||Finance Report 8th Day Before Election||Annual Disclosure
The City of San Marcos contracts with the Hays County Election Administrator to conduct and oversee its elections.
The voting system that is used is the Verity Duo by Hart Intercivic. This voting system is the newest hybrid voting solution that merges the ease of touchscreen voting with the assurance of paper vote records.
View the county’s election page for more information.